Mental health therapy programs are an essential resource in learning how to manage your mental health. Those who struggle with mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD can benefit from the help of an experienced therapist as well as their peers in treatment. At Peer Mental Wellness, we approach mental health therapy through a trauma-informed approach. Our goal is to give our participants the skills they need, even after leaving our mental health treatment center.
Outpatient treatment at Peer Mental Wellness can help you reconnect with the artist within. Learn more about our mental health therapies by connecting with our team today at 714.844.5473.
Mental Health Therapies at Peer Mental Wellness
Mental health therapies are a range of treatments used to help people with mental health issues. There are many different types of therapy, and each one has its own benefits and what clients can expect from it.
The therapies we offer at Peer Mental Wellness include:
- Art therapy – Painting, drawing, and sculpting can be a creative outlet for those in treatment
- Acupuncture therapy – Typically used to relieve stress, acupuncture can have a variety of benefits
- Dialectical behavior therapy – A focus on mindfulness and emotional regulation can be helpful in mental health treatment
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing – EMDR is an evidence-based therapy that can be especially helpful for those working through past trauma
- Group therapy – Group therapy sessions are a way to learn from the experiences of others and build a network of support
- Family therapy – Participants can rebuild relationships with loved ones in family therapy sessions
- Meditative therapy – Meditation can relieve stress and provide focus
- Medication-assisted therapy – Medications can help manage the symptoms of mental health disorders
- Motivational interviewing – Participants discover their inner motivation for recovery in sessions with an experienced therapist
- Psychotherapy – Talking with a therapist one-on-one is an important part of mental health treatment
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation – TMS can relieve the symptoms of depression through magnetic fields
- Yoga therapy – Yoga can relieve stress and provide a healthy outlet for negative emotions
- Nutrition education – Severe mental health disorders can lead to physical health issues, but proper nutrition can help
- Music therapy – Playing music and singing offer ways to creatively connect with emotions
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT is one of the most effective therapies for mental health and can help participants build healthy coping skills
- Trauma therapy – Working through trauma with the help of a therapist is an important part of the recovery journey
How Mental Health Therapies Can Help You Heal
Therapy can be very helpful in managing mental health issues, and it can often help participants feel better both mentally and emotionally. They can also help people learn new skills that can be used to manage their mental health in the future.
The mental health therapies we offer are part of all of our treatment programs, including our partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program, and outpatient program.
The therapies we provide offer a wide range of benefits to those who suffer from mental health disorders. They can:
- Give participants the healthy coping skills needed to manage symptoms
- Teach participants new ways to express emotions
- Offer support during times of crisis
Starting treatment at Peer Mental Wellness can make a difference. Discover how our vibrant community can support you every step of the way.